1. Houston has now surpassed New York as the country’s most racially and ethnically diverse metropolis.
2. Homebuyers eager to purchase before home prices and mortgage rates rise are finding few homes for sale as sellers hold out for better deals.
3. More Americans view this as good time to sell a House on latest survey by Fannie Mae.
4. Goldman analysts say they expect home prices this year to surpass last year’s gains with a 5.2% increase in 2013.
5. In the first quarter of 2013, pending sales have consistently outperformed the numbers reported in 2012. Contract activity has been above year-ago levels for the past 22 months.